Companies looking for an affordable way to attract and retain the best employees might consider adding vision coverage to their employee benefits packages. It is easy to take our eyes for granted. Unless there is a problem or discomfort of some kind, we usually rely on our eyes to perform as usual without a second thought. However, as new cases of vision impairment and blindness are continually increasing, it is important to be proactive regarding eye care. One way to keep your workforce at its best is to offer vision insurance. Having this insurance available prompts most to be proactive about vision health for themselves and their children. Problems are detected early in annual visits and treated properly. The result is an increase in the overall health and wellness of employees and their families. That translates into a positive, healthy work environment.
Compelling reasons to offer a vision plan in your employee benefits package:
- For the 75% of our adult population who already wear glasses or contacts, coverage helps alleviate some of the expense involved in annual exams and the purchase of contacts and glasses.
- Most people do not know that as many as 25% of school-age children have vision problems that can affect learning, but only 14 percent of children receive a comprehensive eye exam before starting school. Nearly 10 million children have undetected vision problems. Taking action early is the best way to help maintain healthy eyes and lasting vision.
- Some eye problems have ‘silent’ symptoms, such as glaucoma, that may not even appear until permanent damage has already occurred.
- People over 40 may have begun to notice the effects of presbyopia, where the eye loses ability to focus because of the progressive hardening of the lens inside. The only way to alleviate this problem is with treatment.
- Age-related macular degeneration is a common affliction for those over 50, which affects central vision. For those 65 and older, the Mayo Clinic reports that almost half of this age group has some degree cataract formation.
- Healthy vision is a critical component to workplace productivity, overall health and happy employees.
The Crichton Group can offer affordable vision insurance options as part of the comprehensive employee benefits plan you can offer your employees. Contact us today to learn more!